I did a little research if using the AsyncAppender would make
sense. So, I made a little program with delays in it etc, as is
suggested in the Logging javadoc of log4j. I do find no improvements
tough in the performance, when using AsyncAppender. The thing is,
that even without AsyncAppender logging gets faster.

So, before that I'm going to do everything all over again, to check
the results, I have a question.

I'm using linux. Could that have anything to do with it? I think I've
heard that linux buffers in- and output by itself? If that it true,
the whole AsyncAppender in linux (and other Unixes?) would be rather
senseless, isn't it?

greetings,

 Michiel

--
Michiel Meeuwissen - NOS internet
Mediacentrum kamer 203 - tel. +31 (0)35 6773065