From: Kitching Simon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 4:38 AM
To: 'LOG4J Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: log4j, EJB, J2EE RI

Hi John,

It has been mentioned several times
on this list that the FileAppender really
shouldn't be used for EJB development.
FileAppender isn't designed for
multiple processes writing to the
same file, and (as you have seen)
there are also security/access issues
with creating a file on disk.

I suggest using the SocketAppender,
JMSAppender, DatagramStringAppender
(see contribs dir), or write an appender
that forwards log messages to the
logging api that comes with your EJB engine.

Note that I haven't used log4j with EJBs myself .

Regards,

Simon