John,

The SocketAppender/SocketServer combination does not loose any information. The server
side can perform logging in any way it likes. See also Simon's previous answer. Ceki

At 11:18 27.02.2001 -0500, John Brunton wrote:
>The SocketAppender looks interesting but from the information I've dug up
>(and you do a lot of digging with this product), you loose the use of the
>layout which is a very nice feature.
>
>I was contemplating, having a method call in the EJB's that does a
>URLConnection and pass the message off to a Servlet which could handle
>logging the message to a FileAppender. That way, I could retain the layout
>and use the FileAppender.
>
>Would this concept be a problem?

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15