Hi!

I'm a new user of Log4j. I have a question and would appreciate if you could
help me.

I'm trying to use the socket appender org.apache.log4j.net.SocketServer.

After starting SocketServer::main(String []), I get the following error
messages when I send messages to the socket:

"Could not find config file [C:\localhost.lcf]."

and

"Could not find config file [C:\generic.lcf]. Will use the default
hierarchy."

I give SocketServer::main method a propertyConfigurator file that it uses.
Do I also have to have the propertyConfiguration files "<hostname>.lcf" and
"generic.lcf" in the config file directory?

Another question: Must property configuration files have the extention
".lcf"?

Thanks in advance!

/Atay A
System Developer, Skandia IT, Sweden