Hello,

We are having a problem where we have two jvm's (servlet engine and ejb server) that are both using the same log4j.properties file.  Some of the appenders are rolling log appenders.  It appears that the servlet engine is able to use the log files since it loads first, but the ejb server isn't.

I need to look into the problem further, but does anybody see a problem with this?  Does the first jvm (servlet in this case) own the file so the ejb jvm can't write to it?

Would we need to use a socket appender in this case, even though both jvm's are on the same machine?

Thanks,

Gray