Ceki,
    what are the chances of changing this to include the date from the start of
logging for the
next release?  I'd be happy to make the code changes myself even -- should be trivial.
 It will
save a bunch of file renames for the CompositeRollingFileAppender -- or whatever name
is good for
the Daily + Size rolling appender combined.

    I'd like your opinion on I thought I just had -- I could write a composite which
combines the
other two (only) or a composite which can do either rolling feature or both and thus
makes the
original two redudant/obsolete.  Preference and reasons?

Thanks as always,
Kevin