From: "Ceki Gülcü" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 11:34 PM
Subject: Re: how to specify non-standard Priority level in xml config file?

At 19:27 12.07.2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I have:
>
><param name="Threshold" value="error"/>
>
>and I really want:
>
><param name="Threshold" value="crit"/>
>
>where crit represents a class named CritPriority, a subclass of Priority
>I've defined
>
>Is there a way to do this with the xml configurator?
>
>Can I put an integer value in here like so:
>
><param name="Threshold" value="42000"/>
>
>?
>
>Mike Papper

Mike,

Try

<param name="Threshold" value="crit" class="your.priority.subclass"/>

The log4j.dtd is the a place to go to clarify the capabilities of the XML
configuration file.

By the way, whenever the "class" attribute is not available usually the
following alternate syntax is available:

value="crit#your.priority.subclass"   (in XML type config files)

value=crit#your.priority.subclass     (in property type config files)

Hope this helps, Ceki

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch