From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 1:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Design: How to do the following with Log4j

1. 3 custom "logevent" objects, one for each type to log: PAGE, TRADE, and
QUOTE

2. Each object shares a set of common fields and then each object has one
or two custom ones

3. We want to log the event to a remote log server from the client side and
not just locally if we choose. From what I've seen from the LoggingEvent,
the actual message is NOT serialized as a whole object, but rather its
string representation.

4. Support for generic logging of text to either the central server or
locally

5. Must handle a high load of requests, we sometimes get 1000+ requests per
second depending on traffic

6. Must be configurable at runtime