Yuji Kumasaka wrote:
> There is 2 typo.

Here's another:

- Ther remaining differences are admitedly of secondary importance.
+ The remaining differences are admittedly of secondary importance.

Ceki,

Your arguments look sound, but I think you should offer some solid
suggestions.  As I see it there are two main issues:

1. That the new API is not backward compatible.
2. That the API still has some deficiencies, which log4j does not.

Are you suggesting they just throw out JSR47 and tell everyone to
use log4j?  If so, that's probably not going to happen :-).

To tackle point 1 above, I like the idea of a pluggable framework.
That way I could use log4j as the backend for both JDK 1.4 and
JDK 1.1-1.3 projects.  If I write something for JDK 1.4 that is
used by someone else, and they want to use a different plugin,
they can.

I guess tackling point 2 is as simple as getting the people
responsible for JSR47 to make the necessary changes.  Perhaps you
could list them in order of importance.  For me that would be:

Bogus levels
Sequence numbers
Filter logic
Plethora of printing methods