> But what if I want to have a log session ONLY for Priority.WARNS
> being logged and not the priority levels below (or above) it??
>
> Is that possible? If so how?

How about putting a filter in the appender?
<appender ... >
    <layout ... />
    <filter class = "org.apache.log4j.varia.PriorityRangeFilter">
        <param name = "PriorityMin" value = "WARN"/>
        <param name = "PriorityMax" value = "WARN"/>
        <param name = "AcceptOnMatch" value = "true"/>
    </filter>
</appender>

Good Luck,
- Joe