Yes, I believe you can.  Category.getDefaultHierarchy() returns a Hierarchy
object, which has a method disable(Priority p) which will disable all
logging request of that priority.
     I don't recommend using this method, because having a sense of
priority in you logging requests makes good sense, in general.  For
instance, why would you want to see ONLY info level messages and NOT error
messages.
     You may not be using the Priorities correctly if you are trying to do
what you are asking about.  Consider creating a series of Categories, and
then using the setAdditivity() and addAppender() methods to control where
it goes.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    scott.stevens@ascentialso

                    ftware.com                      To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                    cc:

                    11/27/01 12:32 PM               Subject:     FW: Basic question
regarding logging
                    Please respond to "Log4J         of just ONE priority level

                    Users List"

Hi,

Im wondering if its possible to log messages with log4j that is based on
what you could term a "masking" approach, not a hierarchical approach:

For example, if I had a FileAppender that I wanted to direct output of ONLY
INFO and FATAL priorities, nothing in between.

Is this possible with log4j? If so, how?

I see a PriorityMatchFilter but am kind of unclear how to use it.

Thanks, Scott Stevens