Greetings,

I'm wondering what strategy people are using to blend log4j.properties files between different applications. Internally, we are handling this using Ant -- concatenating all of the disparate log4j.properties files into a single file during the build process. This works fine because we only allow one Root Category.

But what about when one brings in another application (i.e JAR file) which also uses log4j?? In this case, there is a sort of race condition. Both apps are trying to define a Root Category, and only one is allowed. Any ideas??

Thanks,
-- Chris

Chris Berry  --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- 512-323-9479