Hiya, I'm currently using the socket appender, and ChainSaw to remotely
watch the logs coming out of my webapp, however, I don't like having to
hardcode the machine the log gets sent to, or having two appenders if I
have multiple machines who want to watch the log.

Is there a 'broadcast' type appender?  That I can connect a ChainSaw type
program to say port xxx of the webserver?  This way, I can set up a
standard log4j entry, and if someone in the office is doing QA, they can
just connect to the webserver machine and see its logs...

--
Mark Derricutt                                E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Delphi Developer                                        ICQ: 19348533

            Limitations only serve to give direction to your goals
         Vi de udødelige inviterer dere til å slå dere sammen med oss