From: "Ceki Gülcü" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: multiple components using log4j causes problems

This is a very serious problem. The new log4j API allows the main
program to install a RepositorySelector which can control the
hierarchy to be used depending on the context, for example depending
on the enterprise application. However, this requires support from the
application server because only the application server (e.g. JBoss)
controls the context.

In short log4j has the required pluggable interface, the application
server writers need to jump on the wagon. I suggest that you mention
the problem to the JBoss people also mentioning the new RepositorySelector
API in log4j.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch