Hi;

Here's my problem. I'm creating a 3rd party library that people will use for their
applications. I need to do no logging and I need to not require log4j when they use my
library (first, if I log then I fill up their logs with stuff that means nothing to
them and second, what if they use an incompatible version of log4j).

But wrapping the log4j calls in a class of my own won't work - because then when
strings are logged - it will give the filename and line number of my wrapper method
instead of the filename/line number of the place that the log statement was made.

Any ideas? (I'm starting to think I will need a pre-processor that does a #define for
the log calls - yuck.)

thanks - dave