Hi Mark,

> Can someone please provide a source for some information on the
> Conversion Pattern Syntax. Mostly I just want to know what
> the different
> elements ("%F" and the like) are defined as?

There's some Java Documentation in
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/index.html
The Pattern Syntax you are after is shown under PatternLayout.

>  I also would like to know the basic configuration attributes
> available
> for the standard appenders provided.

Each appender needs slightly different attributes.  These can be identified
by going to the
Java documentation and clicking on the appropriate appender.

The attributes you need to configure will be in bold in the Method Summary.

That's how I identified what attributes needed configuring.

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete
it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any
other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com