At 08:51 24.10.2002 +0100, you wrote:
I've looked at the plan for 1.3 and see that there is a section of work
labelled
'Strategy based rollovers' based on the Avalon Logkit.  Have you any idea
when 1.3
may see the light of day?  The Avalon Logkit doesn't seem to mention number
of
rollovers/compression etc.
Probably not before 1Q or 2Q 2003.

Can you give me any feel for the scope of what work is to be included :
e.g. number of rotations to be kept, file compression etc.  Can I aid the
process by submitting thoughts/ideas/strategies?
Practical help is most appreciated. In the next few days, I will be committing the first strategy based roller over implementation. If you would like to help, then subscribe to log4j-dev. This will keep you updated with all log4j related CVS commits. You can get the latest code from our CVS repository. See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html and http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html for more details.

You can chip in as the code gets developed.

Cheers

AP

--
Ceki