log4j location info behavior does NOT depend on the JDK, at least not on 1.3 or 1.4.

At 11:47 08.11.2002 +1000, you wrote:
Figured this one out,

I'm using Jdev9i 9.0.3
It lets you choose which version of java to use, in the projects where
location is not working they are using 1.3
In the projects where it does work it is using 1.4

Nicholas Orr

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Orr [mailto:Nicholas.Orr@;mim.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 8 November 2002 11:19 AM
To: Log4j Mailing List
Subject: org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender - Help with setLocationInfo

Hi,

I have just started to use Log4j and am having an inconsistency problem.

My log4j.properties file looks like this

log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.LocationInfo=true
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.Port=4445
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CHAINSAW_CLIENT

I use this for debugging.  In one project I get location info but in another
one I don't get location info. What is going on??

Here is the code I'm using in both

<--- start code --->

package com.move.cool;

import org.apache.log4j.*;

public class LogMe  {
  private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(LogMe.class.getName());

  public LogMe() {

    log.info("--Hello1");
    log.info("--Hello3");
    log.error("--Hello5");
    log.warn("--Hello6");
    log.error("MAJOR PROBLEM");
    System.out.println("End");

    System.out.println("Begin");
    LogMe logMe = new LogMe();
    System.out.println("End");

<--- end code --->

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s). If you receive this e-mail in error,
any use, distribution or copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are
requested to forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the MIM
Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires:   ++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Support Centre phone:   Australia 1800500646
                                        International ++61 7 38338042
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793