Howdy,
I thought about this servlet reading approach, but didn't post it
because I wasn't sure it's possible to skirt the issue of loading a
large log file into server memory before streaming it into the browser.
It's a good interesting idea nonetheless.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

servlet
>that finds out where the log4j log file is, reads it and displays it,
on
>request. Should not be too hard, and will be more
app-server-independent
>and administrator-independent than any attempt to write the log file
>directly to the web-root.
>
>Daniel

intended