Howdy,
Your attachment didn't come through, at least on my mail reader, so you
may want to submit it into bugzilla as an enhancement for the
log4j-sandbox module.  I'll get it into CVS.  Thanks for contributing ;)

>It's an ObjectRenderer for Calendars and Dates.  Although Date has a
>half-decent #toString() (and the java.sql.Time a quite pleasant one),
>Calendar's #toString is something only a mother could love.  The
attached
>renderer does them all the same way, using a human readable format.

Actually, I might be very interested in something like this, IF it
doesn't trip over the synchronization performance problems of
Date#toString:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~glenn/hackathon/

Does it?

>P.S.  Where do other people put their renderers (which package)?  I
tossed
>this one into org.apache.log4j.or, mainly because I couldn't find a
spot
>that seemed to fit better...

If it's to go into the log4j distribution, you got the right package.
If I make stuff for my own use, it's com.mycompany.myproject.mypackage.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.