Tom,

In v1.3 Watchdogs will be a subclass of Plugin.  Plugins are new to v1.3 and
configurable from (at least xml) configuration files.  So, you'll be able to
define watchdogs in the configuration files.  Plugins have some code to not
stop/recreate running plugins during reconfiguration, so eventually if a
watchdog is watching the configuration file that defines it, it will be
maintained across reconfigurations, etc.  Still working out some of those
details.  Actually the Watchdog code I released way-back-when still needs to
be checked into cvs and worked into the plugin infrastructure.

If you have any comments, ideas, or time to review (once I get it checked
in) I'd love to hear them.

thanks,
-Mark