I thought logback would be the eventual replacement of log4j...

http://logback.qos.ch/

----- Original Message ----
From: Wayne Cannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2007 11:43:28 AM
Subject: Great product like log4j stagnant?

In a different thread, Steve Souza said that log4j development had
stagnated (my words, not his, re version 1.3).  Is this true?  If this
is true, is it simply because log4j is a mature product and is a good
product needing little ongoing development effort of significance, or is
there a new/replacement product carrying the de facto logging charter
into the future (e.g. compatible with commons-logging)?

Respectfully,
Wayne