ahh, I missed this when I was looking at your config. Your definition of the layout is not using nested <param..> to set the configuration. Only the 'class' attribute in the <layout..> section is used, all the others need to be nested <param..>s.

Try this layout configuration snippet instead (this is just one copied from what I use)
            <param name="ConversionPattern"
                value="[%d{ISO8601} %-5p][%20.20c][%t] %m%n" />
        </layout>

Paul