Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what things I need to place in my Tab identifier field to filter out my applications. I'm using log4j v 1.2.13 and chainsaw v2. I have two applications running on the same server and both are using a socketHubAppender on different ports.

I don't have any location info so the default "PROP.hostName - PROP.application" only separates by hostname and since I'm running two apps on the same server I get both logs dumped to the same tab. I've tried adding PROP.remoteSourceInfo (since that is a column in the logs that shows up and has the port number listed) and that property appears to return nothing. It's my understanding that the location info does not work in log4j 1.2.X. So my question is two fold. Is there some reference that I can look at that will tell me what properties are available, and can someone tell me how I would go about doing this? I see in the comments for LoggingEventFieldResolver the following field are available but nothing here seems like it will work for me. Plus there seems to be no explanation of what keyName is in PROP.keyName.

* Field Name Field value (String representation Return type * LOGGER category name (logger) String * LEVEL level Level * CLASS locationInformation's class name String * FILE locationInformation's file name String * LINE locationInformation's line number String * METHOD locationInformation's method name String * MSG message Object * NDC NDC String * EXCEPTION throwable string representation ThrowableInformation * TIMESTAMP timestamp Long * THREAD thread String * PROP.keyName entry in the Property hashtable String
*                           mapped to the key [keyName]

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason Tholstrup