...and our learnings...

1) don't edit down the facts too far when asking for help. You may edit
out essential information, or get potentially helpful people to
concentrate on a different problem.

2) find a nice way to say RTFM. Calling a question "stupid" onlist and
implying that posting a question is a waste of time is not a good way to
come across as helpful.

Douglas E Wegscheid
Lead Technical Analyst, Whirlpool Corporation
(269)-923-5278

"A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played
with conviction is interpretation."

John El <jo...@mailinator.com> wrote on 04/09/2009 11:32:36 PM:

> To: Edward
> Perhaps I did get bent out of shape, but I do think my question had
merit.
> I suppose my mistake was in not explaining that there was no obvious
place
> for the fatal log to go, but it had to be going somewhere because
another
> system that I don't have access to was reporting on it.
> RTFM?  And non trivial? I had looked in a lot of places for some info on
> this and found nothing, I posted here for some help and was told the
> question was dumb.
>
> To: Douglas
> I ran some similar tests, it's how I added the string that I grep'ed
for.
> "I would be inclined to think that a different configuration
> was getting picked up"  that's what I thought too, but it turned out to
be a
> little more complicated than that.  I was finally able to track down the
guy
> that set it up in the first place and his explanation was convoluted.
It's