Von: chrisgage [mailto:chrisg...@bellsouth.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009 14:53
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: FileAppender is not assignable to Appender

With an application we have been running in production, we recently added some
jar files from another department's application in order to have the wto apps
communicate.

Since then we have been getting the following error in the log at application
startup.  It does not appear to cause log4j to stop working, it's just a
worrying thing to see in the log.  I am using log4j as a black box at the
simplest possible level, so this message is completely incomprehensible to me,
and it gives no stack trace or other indication where the problem is occurring.

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.FileAppender" object is not assignable to a
"org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by log4j:ERROR [
com.ibm.ws.classloader.compoundclassloa...@d940d94
   Local ClassPath: ...
   Delegation Mode: PARENT_FIRST] whereas object of type log4j:ERROR
"org.apache.log4j.FileAppender" was loaded by [
com.ibm.ws.classloader.compoundclassloa...@8060806
   Local ClassPath: ...
   Delegation Mode: PARENT_FIRST].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "SPRINGLOG".

Actually this set of messages occurs twice, once for FileAppender and the
repeated almost identically for ConsoleAppender.