I think the solution is pretty simple. The RoutingAppender doesn’t only work
with the ThreadContext. It works using a lookup. So if you were to use a
ThreadLookup that used ${{thread:id}} you would get a new Appender for each
thread id. To be honest, I am not sure why we haven’t created a ThreadLookup
before. I could easily see multiple places were the thread id, name, priority
or ThreadGroup name might want to be used.

If you want all the threads in a “job” then I would create the parent thread
with its own thread group and use the thread group name in the lookup.

Ralph