Could you point me to the relevant section?

I did the following test:
final ThreadGroup g = new ThreadGroup("mygroup");
Thread t1 = new Thread(g, () -> {
Thread t2 = new Thread(() -> { });
System.out.println("t2 threadgroup = " + t2.getThreadGroup().getName());
});
System.out.println("t1 threadgroup = " + t1.getThreadGroup().getName());
t1.run();

And I get:
t1 threadgroup = mygroup
t2 threadgroup = main

t2 is started from t1 yet didn't inherit the threadgroup. What am I missing?