Hi Dominik

I see two ways of addressing this:
1) Add a setObjectMapper(ObjectMapper)
to org.apache.logging.log4j.core.layout.JsonLayout.Builder
  This would work well for programmatic configurations
and/or:
2) Add a setObjectMapperFactory(String)
to org.apache.logging.log4j.core.layout.JsonLayout.Builder
  This would add a class name for implementors of a new interface
ObjectMapperFactory.
  This would work nicely for configuration files.

To keep all users in play, 2) seems best.

Thoughts?

Gary