More observations:

oldkey.zip

LICENSE and NOTICE are present, but with Unix style linefeeds.

both bin/2.0/release/log4net.dll and bin/3.5/release/log4net.dll describe
themselves as Apache log4net for the .NET Framework 2.0. Everybody else has the
expected application description.

log4net-sdk-net-4.0.chm uses a page header reading "log4net SDK Documentation
..." that would be better as "Apache log4net SDK Documentation".

Most text files use Unix style line feeds.

doc/index.html refers to log4j and not Apache log4j.

doc/index.html refers to the .NET runtime. The Microsoft .NET trademark
guidelines are at
http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/Usage/Net.aspx.
 At least we should have a Microsoft(r) .NET at the first menion.

newzip.zip:

log4net-sdk-net-4.0.chm always displayed Navigation to the webpage was
cancelled for any content. Seems totally broken.

Other issues mentioned with oldkey.zip.

I'm thinking it would be better to scuttle RC1 and try again, but I won't force
the issue.