On 2011-10-11, Curt Arnold wrote:

> both bin/2.0/release/log4net.dll and bin/3.5/release/log4net.dll
> describe themselves as Apache log4net for the .NET Framework
> 2.0. Everybody else has the expected application description.

Those two DLLs are the same file as there currently is no difference
between the 2.0 and 3.5 builds.  Maybe I shouldn't have created the 3.5
version at all.

> log4net-sdk-net-4.0.chm uses a page header reading "log4net SDK
> Documentation ..." that would be better as "Apache log4net SDK
> Documentation".

Will fix that once I figure out how to do it with NDoc.

> doc/index.html refers to log4j and not Apache log4j.

It uses Apache log4net three times before using the shorter version, I
think that's OK.

> doc/index.html refers to the .NET runtime. The Microsoft .NET
> trademark guidelines are at
> http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/Usage/Net.aspx.
>  At
> least we should have a Microsoft(r) .NET at the first menion.

Will fix that - for the site as well.  This likely affects other pages
as well.

> newzip.zip:

> log4net-sdk-net-4.0.chm always displayed Navigation to the webpage was
> cancelled for any content. Seems totally broken.

You probably need to "unblock" the .chm.  I wonder why you didn't have
to do that for the oldkey archive.

> I'm thinking it would be better to scuttle RC1 and try again, but I
> won't force the issue.

1.2.11 is through.  I expect us to follow this up with 1.2.12 pretty
soon as there still are enough issues to address and I'm sure new issues
with Client Profile and .NET 4.0 builds will arise now that they become
available.

Stefan