On 2011-10-12, Curt Arnold wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2011, at 4:02 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> On 2011-10-11, Curt Arnold wrote:

>>> both bin/2.0/release/log4net.dll and bin/3.5/release/log4net.dll
>>> describe themselves as Apache log4net for the .NET Framework
>>> 2.0. Everybody else has the expected application description.

>> Those two DLLs are the same file as there currently is no difference
>> between the 2.0 and 3.5 builds.  Maybe I shouldn't have created the 3.5
>> version at all.

> I believe they were not binary identical, but that could have been
> timestamps or other insignificant differences.

They have been compiled separately so yes, there will be differences in
timestamps.

>>> doc/index.html refers to log4j and not Apache log4j.

>> It uses Apache log4net three times before using the shorter version, I
>> think that's OK.

> It does describe log4net as Apache log4net appropriately but it does
> not describe log4j as Apache log4j.

I somehow missed you were talking about log4*j* - will fix that in trunk
and update the site later today.

>>> doc/index.html refers to the .NET runtime. The Microsoft .NET
>>> trademark guidelines are at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/IntellectualProperty/Trademarks/Usage/Net.aspx.
>>>  At
>>> least we should have a Microsoft(r) .NET at the first menion.

>> Will fix that - for the site as well.  This likely affects other pages
>> as well.

> I think the guidelines might have become looser recently. I think at
> one time you would have to describe it as for the Common Language
> Runtime and could not refer to the Microsoft(r) .NET Framework.

The site I've just deployed should be OK - not visible, yet.

> Frequent releases what a concept.

8-)

No promises, though.

Stefan