are you serious ??

i wold have thought the brokenness of the udp appender and the patch
that is available would have been enough to push out a new release.

sure i _can_ patch it myself but in my corporate environment and a
requirement to only use official releases for clients means that I
simply cant.

doing a quick diff between trunk @ head and the last release we can
see that a lot of files have been changed, doing a quick log we can
see that there are approximately three years worth of new features and
bug fixes, and to be honest if the churn is substantial enough the
shear volume of changes may mean real-world usage may turn up all
sorts of interesting stuff happening.

on the upside it compiles in VS2008 (dont have 2k5 installed), but at
least on my server 2k8 laptop with uac and visual studio running as a
normal user I get test failures (security exceptions) and two other
failures which look more intresting
(log4net.Tests.Util.LogLogTest.EmitInternalMessages() in
LogLogTest.cs: line 33  &
log4net.Tests.Util.LogLogTest.LogReceivedAdapter() in LogLogTest.cs:
line 54)

what will it take to get a release out the door ?