> Because if you don't, surely you risk breaking existing applications
when you upgrade log4net?

You might. But that's a decision and assessment that I can make when I
choose to do the upgrade. I can (somewhat) see the point on two DLLs (or
DLL and EXE) that are part of the same package. Say the GUI front-end
.exe and the business logic implementation .dll. But for a utility like
log4net strong naming just doesn't make sense to me.

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III

Tech Software

(516) 627-3800 x3051

wald...@techsoftinc.com <mailto:wald...@techsoftinc.com>

http://www.TechSoftInc.com <http://www.techsoftinc.com/>

Because if you don't, surely you risk breaking existing applications
when you upgrade log4net?

Regards,

Neil Haughton BSc MIET IEng(CEI)
Development Manager

Autoscribe Limited
Wellington House
Riseley Business Park
Basingstoke Road, Riseley
Berkshire RG7 1NW

Office: +44 (0) 118 984 0610
Fax:   +44 (0) 118 984 0611

Visit our website at: www.autoscribe.co.uk
<http://www.autoscribe.co.uk/>

Registered in Wales No: 1539748

**********************************************************DISCLAIMER****

The contents of this email are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or company to
whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error then
please accept our apology. If this is the case
we would be obliged if you would contact the sender and then delete this
email. Opinions expressed in this email
are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of Autoscribe Ltd. Although this email
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus no
responsibility is accepted by Autoscribe Ltd for any
loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use of this email
or attachments.