From: Ron Grabowski [mailto:rongrabow...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 15 June 2009 22:01
To: Log4NET User
Subject: Re: Using AdoNetAppender

If you don't specify a ConnectionType AdoNetAppender defaults to using
OleDbConnection which has a different connection string format than the
more common SqlConnection. Are you sure you want to use OleDbConnection?

Why not write a simple ConsoleApplication to test your code and look at
the configuration output log4net writes to Console.Out?

    class Program
    {
        private static AdoNetAppender _sqlDatabaseAppender = new
AdoNetAppender();

        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            LogLog.InternalDebugging = true;
            LogLog.EmitInternalMessages = true;

            ConfigureDatabaseAppender("...");

            ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(Program));
            log.Debug("Hello World");

            Console.ReadLine();
        }

        public static void ConfigureDatabaseAppender(string connString)
        {
        // snip

  _____