It seems that for simplicities sake, you could use "binxo" alone to imply
that someone is in the process of becoming a crawler or speaker of lojban,
etc, or the aforementioned clire binxo.

I know that the objection was raised that this could imply a teaching
relationship (crawling in an instructive manner) but I don't see how.
Wouldn't you use ctuca cpare to imply teaching? In lobjan level 0, the
statement is that in a tanru metaphor the first of a pair modifies the
second, so in clire cpare, learning is modifying crawling. So we know that
x1 is crawling, and that learning is associated with the manner in which x1
crawls.

But binxo is more general. We wouldn't say clire tlavla because to learn to
speak another language requires many actions.

--
John Daigle