On Friday 18 September 2009 11:04:05 Ryan Leach wrote:
> ki'e .pier.
>
> I have developed a tendency to mix up tricu and troci, and noticed it
> as soon as you pointed it out.

As long as you don't try to bark up the wrong tree.

> If I understand you correctly, then in order to indicate possession, I
> must include both the "le" and the "mi"- as in "mi batci le mi gerku".
> I thought that the 'le' was elidable- I appreciate the correction.

Correct. You can also:
*use a sumti made with an article as possessor: "lo le cipni ku zdani"
*indicate inalienable or alienable possession with "po'e", "po", "pe",
or "ne": "le denci po mi". This can be useful if a paleontologist with an
implant is in a group of paleontologists examining prehistoric teeth.

> Also, I looked up ra'o in jbovlaste and am not certain that I
> understand it. What exactly is a 'pro-assignment context update'?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ra'o

Pierre