> However, I don't question the plumber's competence, or indeed pretend to
> anyone including myself that I can do a good job of it.  The same should
> apply to programming.  If I were to try my hand at re-plumbing my kitchen,
> I know I'd make a god-awful mess, and I am intelligent enough to not
> attempt it.  The great unwashed should approach programming the same way.

Hmmm.

My sink is blocked.  It's very blocked.  I'm good enough at plumbing to
take the u-bend off and check that that wasn't blocked - a simple enough
process.  It turned out that that wasn't the problem - it was further down
the pipe.  At this point I called a plumber[1].

Draw whatever comparisons you will between this and coding.

Later.

Mark.

[1] I actually called the landlord, and told him to call a plumber...

--
print "\n",map{my$a="\n"if(length$_>6);' 'x(36-length($_)/2)."$_\n$a"} (
   Name  => 'Mark Fowler',        Title => 'Technology Developer'      ,