At 12:04 PM 28.3.2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Anyway, the whole 'numbers' thing is long over due to be replaced by
>those new fangled 'letters'. Works for DNS...

Yeah, exactly. We're already partly there, sort of. I don't know the phone numbers of
any of the people I call at all regularly (i.e. more than twice ever), because the
first thing I do with any such phone number is to set the number for autodial. What's
my fiance's cell phone number? "May Cell". What's Cingular's number? "Cingular".
What's my bank's number? "Eastern Bank". Easy. Work in some kind of good pervasive
naming scheme and the underlying numbers can get arbitrarily complex without bothering
anyone.

--
Chris Devers                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]