----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Oy! That's my family (lefty teachers) you're talking about! I went through
> the state comprehensive system and was never touched by these so-called
> "trendy teaching methods". And my Dad was one of these apparently "loony
> left teachers".

I learnt to read using ITA and still have the book 'three littl funny wunz'.
It was intended to give you a kick start into reading by making it possible
read phonetically so that you could read more interesting stories
before you got the hang of all the english exceptions. I loved it, and
enjoyed reading.
I do not know if it worked better than the regular method because I didn't
have a 'control me' doing the other method. =)

I guess it was sort of wysiwyg english =)).