On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 04:40:02PM +0100, Mike Wyer wrote:
>> Camels are quite hard to see at London Zoo at the moment, owing to the
>> foot 'n mouth situation. I was there a couple of weeks back, and the
>> heffalump house was shut. The penguins ain't bad, though.
>
>Last time I saw penguins at a zoo, they shat everywhere and stank to
>high heaven.  Bah.  Core-dumping fiends.

That's exactly what I meant! ;)

>If we're going to a zoo, I want to see the giraffes.
>
>-Dom (Giraffe!  Or else I'll cry!)

Yup- you can see them if they bother wandering outside of their own
accord. Stuck-up long-necked bastards that they are.

The okapi was much better (think giraffe crossed with zebra with a
tongue any muff diver would kill for)

Cheers,
Mike (delurking cos there's bog-all else to do at the moment)
--
Mike Wyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     ||  New hat, new mug,
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mw     ||  new zest for apathy.