At 13:27 02/05/2001 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
>If the purpose of this is to make it utterly drool-proof, then why not
>re-write File::Find (can't make them install it of course, that would be
>expecting too much)

Is there a reason why we can't distribute our own versions of modules with
the scripts ?

MWF Forum (as an example) has modules in the same directory as the scripts
which seem to just get "use"ed in the usual way.

Could we not ship our own version of File::Find, and have the code use it
if it can't use the real File::Find because it's not installed ?

OK, so it would eat up disk space but if it were clever, there would be
some run once code that would figure out what's there and what isn't and
tell the user which files they could safely remove.

Ideally it would rewrite itself and do the deletes automatically but I
suspect that clueful ISPs will have removed write permissions for the
webserver to write to cgi-bin !

Just a thought.....

Simon.