On Mon, 14 May 2001, you wrote:
> Robert Shiels:
> > Over the next 4 years, Labour
> > will fail to deliver their promises yet again, and the
> > country will swing back to the party of low taxes, who will
> > be re-elected in 2006.
>
> Part of the reason why they haven't delivered the promises that I think are
> important (decent public services) is because they've hamstrung themselves
> with this clueless tory low-tax approach.

Just because they can't deliver those promises for those costs doesn't
mean no one else can. If they knew they couldn't deliver within those
cost constraints why did they lie and say they could? .. and if they
didn't reallise they couldn't deliver at those prices, then it doesn;t
say much for their grasp of economics.

and what about the various promises that didn't cost money? .. like fox
hunting, proportional representation etc ... ??

does anyone happen to have one of those little plastic credit card things
they were giving out before the last election with 10 things 'let us be
judged on these:' ..

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!