On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:54:04 +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> however Sir Arnold Bax [1] got slightly closer to the truth:
>
> "One should try everything once, except incest and folk dancing"
>
> nuff said.
>
> [1] oft, incorrectly, attributed to George Bernard Shaw (who said it also,
> but later)

Bah, I had it in my sig file (now amended) as Sir Thomas Beecham. However, see the
bottom of http://www.paston.co.uk/ukppg/kempsmen.html for a bit of investigation.

Incidentally, why won't AltaVista find any pages containing "arnold bax"? (or
"arnold", or "bax", for that matter)

--
        Peter Haworth   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Even VB programmers ridicule VB programmers."