Robin Houston wrote:
> Is there a convenient camp site AFAYK?

Well, there was one on the list of accommodation options Ann Barcomb posted
the yapc-europe list:

Gaasper Camping Amsterdam
Loosdrechtdreef 7
1108 AZ Amsterdam Zuidoost
Phone: +31 20 696 73 26

This camp ground is half a kilometer from the metro station 'Gaasperplas',
which is 3 stops away from the conference and 13 from Centraal Station.
It takes about 20 minutes to reach the center by metro.

No advance booking is possible, but I have looked at the campground and
it looks large.  I was told that if they are near capacity, they are more
likely to let backpackers with tents in (rather than caravans).

The campground has a store, showers (1,50 per 5 minutes), a cafe
(12,50 for breakfast) and facilities for washing clothing.

The cost is 8,00 per person plus the cost of the tent (which you
must provide).  A small two person tent is 8,75 and a large 3 or
more person tent is 10,75.
-

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.