will wrote:

> <rant>

Do not try and keep to the topic, instead ... realise that there is no
topic.

/me shrugs

The london.pm list is a strange fish. It's more a collection of people
who have the common connection that they live and london and like perl.
In fact neither of those actually have to be true since I personally
know two people on the list who don't program Perl and one of whom
doesn't even live in London.

If I want hard core Perl I go to c.l.p.m. Or Perl monks. Or p5p. Or I
ask one of my friends from the list either on list or privatley. Or face
to face.

The experience of being involved with l.pm for the last, what, 2-3 years
has immeasurably improved my Perl, my social life and my understanding
of a number wide, varied and interesting topics, some programming
related and some not.

All that and for only 2 calories.[0] Bargain if you ask me.

Simon

[0] ... and an average of about 1500[1] posts a month. Bah, HD space is
cheap.
[1] Guestimation

--
simon wistow            wireless systems coder
  wasted early sunday morning