David Cantrell sent the following bits through the ether:

> Of course it is :-) and it's a pity perl doesn't let you overload
> *everything*.

I've recently been thinking about this, in the context of Parse::Perl,
a pure Perl parser. Now, writing a Perl parser in Perl isn't really
that hard. All you have to do is convert the C parser to Perl, which
you can do in a semi-automated way. The problem is making Parse::Perl
useful: people are going to use it to change the language, and
currently the parser is *very* tied to the lexer, which is horrible C
code very tied to the current Perl. I'm almost convinced that we need
a new parsing solution (and get completely away from yacc and
lex). But that won't be easy, will it Damian ;-) What do you guys
reckon? How much are you going to want to change the language?

Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
Iterative Software...........http://www.iterative-software.com/

... Consciousness: that annoying time between naps