On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:43:17AM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> Alex Page sent the following bits through the ether:

> > However, I'm trying to future-proof on this project, so

> Let me put my extreme programming hat on. You're doing work for no
> particular reason? You can predict the future?

I know there's a half-finished LDAP server in the server room which I'll
be finishing off when I've done this bug-tracking system, which we'll be
using (with a slave, natch) for our password authentication and other
gubbins.

I also know that we might be moving from MySQL to something a little more
'professional' in the not-too-distant future.

I also know that, even if it's not particularly useful on this project,
knowing how to do this sort of thing will come in handy *some* day, so
I might as well get it sorted when I'm not under enormous time pressure.

Alex
--
"Four pints of milk, a turkey baster and some plastic
 tubing, that's all you need."