On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 11:06:02PM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> I've just released a first draft of FormMail. It's at
>
> <http://www.dave.org.uk/nms/>
>
> I would have put it in CVS on penderel, but it seems to be configured so
> that only Greg can use it :)
>
> Incidently, perlfaq9 says that when using sendmail from a Perl script, you
> should use the flags "-oi -t -odq". I found that when I used -odq, the

I would also recommend '-oem'.

'-t' may be a problem as it strictly doesn't allow you to force the envelope
from, which may be a sensible thing to allow (remember that the webuser may
well run as trusted user, and hence be allowed to set such things).

-odq is a "queue only" switch, according to my copy of the Bat Book. Thus
the mail will sit in the queue until a queue run happens. This will be
dependent on the -q<time> in the invocation of /usr/{lib,sbin}/sendmail.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://colondot.net/