On Wed Sep 19 14:31:52 2001, Mark Fowler wrote:
> Marty pontificated about:
>
> > Marty (pedantic) Pauley <(his)perl(mailbox)@(his domain called)kasei(under
>the).com(tld)>
>
> Well, if we're going to be pedantic, don't you need a "." after the com in
> order to really mean it's a tld.

No.  Adding a . after the com would make the address invalid.
Also, the TLD is called "COM", not "COM.".

> One day I'm going to install a host called 'com' or 'org' and watch the
> fallout.

It won't cause any problems for us.  The domain part of an email address
must be fully qualified once the message crosses a domain boundary.

There are already many hosts with the same name as a TLD.  net.com is
one example.

--
Marty

PGP signature